The ideal candidate will be responsible for using their analytical mindset to analyze and interpret financial data, then relating it to potential business trends and issues. This candidate will feel comfortable using insights they have discovered to communicate important themes and discoveries to company leadership.
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance to make recommendations on profit enhancement
- Consistently analyze financial information based on both routine and ad-hoc reports
- Interpret financial data to recognize changing trends, patterns, and their meaning related to key performance indicators
- Communicate financial insights suggesting business issues to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance or equivalent experience
- 0 – 3 years’ financial analysis and modeling experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Applicants must be fluent in Japanese language
Warner Bros. Discovery is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION
Being a key member of the Marketing Team of Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo – The Making of Harry Potter, the role will manage all day-to-day marketing needs across all departments including Visitor Experience, Retail, Trade and Education to positively contribute to achieving business and marketing objectives towards a successful opening scheduled in 2023 with long term sustainable growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: TOTAL 100%
1. Oversees creative and production activities
· Manage the production and distribution of marketing materials (including image and video requests, signage, ads) for tours, consumer, education and trade use)
· Support the facilitation of photo & video shoots and the creation of informed briefs for creative agencies to interpret and deliver excellent brand and marketing creatives
2. Partner Marketing
· Maintain a good working relationship with other WBD divisions, external partners and agencies of the Tour
· Manage the team’s handling of online inbox and coordinate requests with relevant departments
· Support any marketing events (internal and external, consumer and trade), when required
3. Market research and internal reporting
· Work with agency and manage the brand and visitors survey including questionnaires, reports; share analysis and reports with wider teams
· Ensure the production of internal reports are delivered at a high level of quality and in timely manner
· Ensure the post-campaign analysis are produced for reviewing results and sharing learnings to inform future activities
· Manage the day-to-day Finance related tasks (Purchase Orders, Invoices etc) to ensure all are handled in an accurate and timely manner
· Be responsible of constant Market trend updates and competitors study
4. Work well with a team
· Be a team player and work well with everyone involved in the Tour business
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS
Bachelor’s degree preferred
A solid marketing background with 5 years of experience essential
Experience in Entertainment/ Leisure/ Attractions/ Tourism business will be an advantage
Experience and success in working in a dynamic or start-up environment
Licenses or Certificates
Great working knowledge of all Marketing aspects
Excellent communication in Japanese, Business level or above in English
Excellent time management and task management skills
Attention to details with punctuality
Able to perform in a high-pressure/time-sensitive environment
Action and result oriented, proactive in communicating with other team members
Quick learner and self-starter, resourceful and would take ownership
Skilled in Power Point, Excel, Word
Flexible when work hours as at times, the role will require working during non-office hours such as evenings,
Weekends and public holidays
- REMARKS: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at anytime. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our client is a U.S. based online retailer that has recently came to Japan.
They are now hiring a Director of Operations. This person will report directly to the Head of Operations in the U.S. and be working to improve the efficiency of the operations. This person will also eventually be managing 30+ members.
- Managing people and making sure the operations hit the daily KPI’s
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations
- Participates in the hiring and training of departmental managers
The successful applicant will have:
- 7+ years of Operations experience
- Experience managing 5+ members at a time
- Strong written, verbal and collaboration skills
- Native or similar level in Japanese language & business level English